Updates corrupts user profile

After installing the latest important updates (published 08/13/2013-see below) and then rebooting, I was unable to log-in to my profile. I received the following message on the log-in screen: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded". Rather than try to correct the registry as described at "support.microsoft.com/kb/947215", I restored the system to a point just prior to the installation of these updates while in Safe Mode. I can now log-in normally. I'd like to install these important updates (published 08/13/2013), but do not wish to corrupt my User Profile again, what's my best course of action at this time so that my operating system is up to date?

Thanks,

Answer
Answer
Thanks for your suggestion. I installed one at a time, rebooting after each one (tedious). This method was successful however.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Thanks for your suggestion. I installed one at a time, rebooting after each one (tedious). This method was successful however.
Thomas Briggs,

Your August 16, 2013 question, "Updates corrupts user profile" has been marked as having been resolved.  I point this out because *you* were not the one to mark it as such.

I feel it is only right to follow up with you to find out *if* your issue is resolved and if the answer that was chosen by a forum moderator [Vidyaranjan A V in this case] was the solution you used?

If your solution was other than the marked response, please come back to your question (it'll be here indefinitely) and help those who might search and find your query in the future by providing the solution you did utilize.  If your solution was the marked response, please return to simply state that is what you did and that it resolved your issue - further helping the confidence level of those who might locate your question in the future that the marked "answer" is indeed correct.

In case you are unsure how to mark (or unmark answers chosen for you that are incorrectly marked) - here are instructions taken from the forum FAQs...

If the chosen answer does not reflect what you did, you can go to the response and click Unmark as Answer.

If you posted the original question, you can mark the question as answered yourself. Just click the Mark as Answer button.

If you didn't post the original question, you can still mark the post as "helpful."

Thanks!
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 112 Applies to: