Undo split screen in Windows - nothing is working!

Hi,

I was trying to set up an additional monitor to my laptop and there were connection issues. I started fiddling around with Windows settings (a page where you could choose to split your desktop horizontally or vertically with a line you could drag to apportion the split). For the life of me I can no longer find this setting and cannot un-split despite reviewing all display settings and properties including multitasking and exhausting Dr Google.

Does anyone have any ideas as I am finding it excruciating to work in this mode on my small laptop screen!

Thanks in advance,

Danielle

To enter splitscreen, you used the WinKey + arrow. either left or right, up or down.

To revert back to the whole screen, just press escape, (esc).

An open mind doesn't mean that information is coming and going without leaving an impression.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hiya,

I'm afraid that doesn't do anything if you literally just mean the Windows button and one of the arrows (and escape to undo).

I didn't do that to get this issue, it was in some of the settings where you could select if you wanted to split the screen and what proportion of split you wanted based on how far you dragged a line on a representation of your desktop.

D

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 5,539 Applies to: