Unable to use msra /offerra under Windows 10 21H2

Dear all,

Hope this finds you all well here.

I'm unable to use Windows Remote Assistance (msra /offerra) since I started to use Windows 10 Version 21H2 on domain joined computer. It says "Your offer to help could not be sent."

And I can see error in Event log. "There was a problem interacting with COM object 833E4010-AFF7-4AC3-AAC2-9F24C1457BCE. An outdated version might be installed, or the component might not be installed at all. "

I'm sure there is no restriction from Windows Firewall, and my colleagues can use msra /offerra remote to my computer from their Windows 10 version 20H2 computers.

To follow the workaround here Being a Windows System Administrator: msra.exe (remote assistance) refuses to connect - for non-admins (beingwinsysadmin.blogspot.com)

I've also confirmed those keys value in registry, all of them looks good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Ole

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SecEdit\Reg Values\MACHINE/Software/Policies/Microsoft/Windows NT/DCOM/MachineAccessRestriction

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SecEdit\Reg Values\MACHINE/Software/Policies/Microsoft/Windows NT/DCOM/MachineLaunchRestriction

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SecEdit\Reg Values\MACHINE/Software/Policies/Microsoft/Windows NT/DCOM/MachineAccessRestriction

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SecEdit\Reg Values\MACHINE/Software/Policies/Microsoft/Windows NT/DCOM/MachineLaunchRestriction

Have you experienced the same issues before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

We have the same issue and identified KB5014665 as the root cause.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 5,307 Applies to: