Unable to rip cd"s Error: Windows Media Player cannot access the file.

Original Title: Windows Player 12 Won't rip on Windows 8.1/Windows 10 preview.

Ho Can I resolve the above problem in Windows Media Player 12 on windows 8.1/10 preview? As, This is stopping me rip cds to my computer.

Answer
Answer

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community Forum.

Please be assured that we would do our best to assist you.

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings or due to some corrupt Windows Media player files. 

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

The Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

1. Press Windows key + X, then click on Control Panel.
  2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
  3. Click View all.
  4. Click Windows Media player settings and follow the onscreen instructions.

Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Method 2

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 3

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

1. Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
  2. Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
  3. Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and restart the computer to reinstall.
  6. Check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2023 Views 792 Applies to: