Unable to reset windows 10 to factory

I have a virus/malware issue and I need to reset my PC to Factory.  Apparently the virus has hijacked the recovery reset button as when I click it, nothing happens.  Is there another way, perhaps through Command Prompt to do a reset to factory on my PC?

If not then perhaps I could somehow format and partition the drive and then install windows 10 from somewhere?

Please help I am struggling with this and have been for about a week.

Answer
Answer

I have a virus/malware issue and I need to reset my PC to Factory.  Apparently the virus has hijacked the recovery reset button as when I click it, nothing happens.  Is there another way, perhaps through Command Prompt to do a reset to factory on my PC?

If not then perhaps I could somehow format and partition the drive and then install windows 10 from somewhere?

Please help I am struggling with this and have been for about a week.

Hi MellowLady129

Thank you for raising this concern.

Another way to reset your pc is by holding the Shift key on your keyboard then hit restart, you will get a blue window "Choose an option". Click on "Troubleshoot" then you'll get the next window with a "reset your PC" option. If it still didn't work, best solution to do would be a clean installation. Just to remind you that doing clean installation would wipe out everything on the hard drive, hope you have already backed up all of your files.

Please Refer to this link to do a clean installation:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

Hope this will help.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 2,360 Applies to: