Unable to reset or remove the Windows Hello PIN

Hello,

I was trying to download an app from the Microsoft Store, and it always asked me to log in. And when I logged in, it asked me for a PIN code which I don't remember.

So, I followed the instruction under "I forgot my PIN code" it then directed me to the setting > accounts > sign-in options and asked me to reset a PIN code there.

But on the sign-in option page, under the Windows Hello PIN, it shows: "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources. Tap or click here to fix it".

I clicked on that, but it asked me to verify my PIN again, which I DON'T remember.

So the problem was if I didn't enter my PIN code, it didn't allow me to change it. I also wish to remove the Windows Hello PIN, but I didn't find that option. May I get help on how to fix that, please? Thank you.

Elena

Answer
Answer

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-pin-not-working-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP, since 2016 · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2021 Views 170 Applies to: