Unable to login into the created user profile on Windows 10.

Original Title: logging problem

i have added a user in my window 10 from a option in "family and other user" option but it failed to load. I don't know why?

I want a separate account which is other than an admin who can only use or access normal things in my laptop or stuffs which I want him to access.

kindly someone help me to create

Hi Vikas,

From the above description, I understand you are unable to add a new user account on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

1. Are you logging into the user profile using Microsoft credentials?

2. Do you see the created user account at the login screen?

3. What happens when you try to access the created user account? Do you get any error code or error message?

Check if similar issue persists on logging into the user profile when the computer is placed in Safe mode.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using. Logging into Safe mode will help in diagnosing if the issue is caused due to the corrupted user profile or the services disabled on the PC.

Select appropriate options to boot the computer into Safe Mode. Reboot the computer to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, refer to the article on Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

Refer to Set up accounts article to create another user account on the computer and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of logging into the created user account on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answers to your questions 

1. Yes as it was the only option to create ID through outlook.com.

2.yes I can see the new user id.

3.first it take much time and after that it says the user profile service service failed the sign. User profile cannot loaded.

can you assist me online to my laptop 

mob. <Phone number removed-PII>

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for replying with the answers to the above questions.

Please reply, did you try if you are able to login into the user account on booting the computer in Safe mode?

You may be facing the above issue due to the User Profile Service (ProfSvc) not enabled/started in the user profile. User profile service (ProfSvc) is a service responsible for loading and unloading the user profile. If ProfSvc is stopped or disabled, user will not be able to login into the user profile.

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to login into the user account on booting the computer in Safe mode. If the issue persists, set up another user account on the computer by referring to Set up accounts article and check if similar issue persists. This is only to check if the issue is specific to user profile or the OS installed on the computer.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of not able to login into the created user account on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too am having a similar issue.  

Total Users - 6 + 1 Family Guest Account

Total Users able to sign in = 4

Two Users and the Guest Profile (All Local Profiles - No Microsoft ID) are unable to log in per the below Error message:

"user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded"

Steps to repair the issue:

1. Tried deleting the User Accounts and Recreating - Same issue

2. Tried repair the Registry by booting into safe mode, Navigating to regedit, then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then Software, then Microsoft, then WindowsNT, then Current Version, then ProfileList.  I have 4 entries (S-1-5-21-3618229942-1389237785-2037264756-1001, 1002, 1003, 1005) that all seem to map to one of the 4 User profiles that are working.  There are three entries that appear to map to a Windows Service (S-1-5-18 is mapped to System32\config\systemprofile, S-1-5-19 is mapped to ServiceProfiles\LocalService, and S-1-5-20 is mapped to ServiceProfiles\NetworkService) but those are the only SID's I can find in the list.  I expected to see 3 other profiles for the other 2 users that cannot log in as well as the Guest account, but those do not appear.

Please help to resolve as soon as possible.

I'm not sure if the information helps, but I did not upgrade to Windows 10 from another OS, I purchased a new machine that had Windows 10 pre-installed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Clinton,

Regarding your concern, we recommend that you follow the suggested solution provided by stratisgeo on this thread. This is for us to check if the solution given will work for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Ariel,

Thanks for the quick response.  I don't have access to another Windows 10 Machine so I'm going to have to see if someone that I know does.  Once I try that solution I'll let you know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 13, 2023 Views 2,808 Applies to: