Unable to load Turbotax on newly installed Windows 10

Dell Dimension 9200. Lights flash  when I insert cd, but then loading ceases. Have reviewed previous answers to same problem. But unable to correlate info with my computer. 

Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

Have you checked the TurboTax site to make sure that version you have on the CD is compatible with Windows 10?  It will be listed there.  They will also have info if any other TurboTax customer has ever encountered the same issue.

Another thing you can try out:  open File Explorer, go to the "This PC" section.  Find your CD drive icon (it may have a TurboTax logo on it while the CD is in) and right-click and choose "Open" (so that it doesn't try to run the setup program yet).  Find the actual setup file icon, right-click, and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the menu.

Many times, this is all it takes.  I recorded a demo about doing this, it's only a 45-second video if you want to take a look.  It says Windows 8, but the steps are 100% identical in Windows 10 too (and 7 for that matter).  Here's a link:

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 82 Applies to: