Unable to Install Windows 10 with error: "Windows Setup encountered an internal error while loading or searching for unattend answer file"

"I have attempted about 5 times to install window 10 when the download reaching 40%  a message is displayed as follows "Windows Setup encountered an internal error while loading or searching for unattend answer file" When press OK the system restores back to Windows 8.1.

Original title: Unable to Install Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while upgrading to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are installing Windows 10 via Windows Updates/ installation media?

This issue might have occurred due to error in the installation file which is unable to access.

I suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO file and check if it helps.

Refer to the below article by Andre Da Costa and check: How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

For further reference: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 6,695 Applies to: