Unable to import photos from iPad, as it is not getting detected.

Original Title: Bonkers 3

I have IE 11 & windows 8.1 .  I want to import some photos from my ipad to my desktop pc.  I went to the site http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083 and it said that I could import pics on windows 8 by connecting ipad to pc, use search to type computer,, press return, and then rightclick the computer icon and choose options.  MY problem is after I type computer, I don't see my ipad device icon to rightclick.  Am I missing something? 

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

This issue might persist if the device is not detected by the operating system.

Check if you can access the iPad using iTunes application. Also see if the device is detected in device manager.

To access Device Manager, refer to the suggestions below:

On the Windows 8 Start screen, type Device Manager to open the Search charm, and then select Device Manager from the results list.

If the iPad is not detected in device manager, try to connect it to different USB port and see if that helps.

Refer to the suggestions from the following link and see if the iPad gets detected.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestions.  However, I still haven;t  solved the issue. Both my ipad and my iphone are detected in itunes and on the device manager.  When I connect the iphone every thing works as it should., ie the icon shows up on the file explorer.  Also, tried different usb ports with same results.  Iphone works as it should but ipad2 icon does not show up.  Strange! Thanks anyway!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As the iPad is detected in Device Manager, let's try to update its driver from Device manager and check if that helps.

Go to Device Manager, Right click on iPad, click Update Driver Software.  Restart the computer and check.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Right clicked on update driver & received  message that I have the latest driver for this device installed.  Restarted and still have same problem.  But not with iphone.  When I connect the ipad to pc, I hear the the "sound" that I normally hear when I hook up an external device.  I also went to view on file explorer and selected show hidden files.  No result.  This is a new computer but I don't see how that has affected this since it does recognize the device.

When I originally hooked up the ipad to pc, aftet about 15 minutes the icon all of sudden showed up on file explorer but I could never get it to do that again.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Uninstall the drivers for USB [Universal Serial bus] host controller and restart the computer.

Let Windows install the generic drivers and then see if it helps you to fix the issue.

a) Press the Windows key + X key and then click on Device Manager.

b) If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c) Look for the device under USB [Universal Serial bus] host controller, right click on it and select Uninstall.

d) Reboot the computer.

e) On reboot, Windows 8.1 should re-install the drivers automatically.

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

thanks for your advice.  One question and I hope I don't have to bug you again.

My device (ipad) is listed under portable devices  and not under universal serial bus.  The usb does not say host controller but just Universal Serial Bus(does it matter?).  What is listed under usb are two Apple Mobile Device Usb Drivers.

What should I rightclick and uninstall?

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just a followup.  Should I uninstall the two apple mobile device usb drivers under the Universal Serial Bus or the actual device under portable devices? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

As you are connecting iPod though USB port, please uninstall the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver from Universal Serial Bus controllers. Along with this also uninstall the iPod drivers from portable devices. Now restart the computer and connect iPad.

If the issue still persists, please refer to the suggestions from this link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1369

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help but not alot helped.  I uninstalled the drivers under the usb and uninstalled the device under portable devices.  When I restarted the pc, the drivers under usb were reinstalled but my ipad device did not return under portable devices and the ipad icon did not show on file exploer.

You tried  but I think it may be time to give this up.  I hope the device will eventually show up again. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Stillissue.  Any other suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 21, 2021 Views 3,091 Applies to: