Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language

I am using Windows 10 Pro latest build . I need to type Bangla so that I installed the Bangla language pack and  got the Bangla [India] inscript keyboard . The problem is that punctuation marks and symbols are not available for typing. Question mark, Colon, Semicolon, inverted comma , at sign mark nothing is available . I have both tried Bangla[Bangladesh] and Bangla[India] language pack and keyboard and both are having the same problem.

I have to change the language each time to put those things and this is really annoying and time consuming. 

I have attached a screen shoot for better understanding. 

Can anybody help ? Will Microsoft respond ? I believe the same problem is occurring in all the Indic languages . 

***Original title: Windows 10 Typing Indic Language [Bangla]***

Answer
Answer

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to type symbols and punctuation marks using the Bengali keyboard language. Currently the symbols and punctuations are not available for Bengali in script language.

However, based on the screen shot you have provided, I see that you are using MS Word application to type in Bengali. Assuming that you are using the application most of the time to type, I can provide a much simpler solution to type symbols and punctuations while using Bengali keyboard.

We need to create shortcuts for the symbols to insert them. You can follow the steps mentioned below to create the shortcuts for symbols.

1. Open MS Word application and click on Insert tab.

2. Now click on the top right corner select Symbol and then click on More Symbols.

3. Now select any Symbol and click on the Shortcut Key button under Euro Sign.

4. Now under Press new shortcut key section tap the key combination Ctrl + Key (any key which is convenient for you).

5. Now click on Assign and click on Close.

Note: To add a shortcut Ctrl combination is needed to be used.

Also, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback using the feedback hub app on Windows 10, as the suggestions will help many users to improve their user experience while using Bengali keyboard.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 1,326 Applies to: