Unable to connect to a wireless display (panasonic smart tv)

Hi,

I got an aftershock desktop on windows 10 that is unable to connect to a wireless display. Please see below picture. 

But using my Acer Travelmate259 with windows 10 I have no issues connecting and using it as my display extension. 

Can you kindly help to check on why to I can't connect using the my aftershock desktop.

The smart TV is a Panasonic. I already tried disabling the desktop firewall and antivirus and even reinstalling the graphic driver but it didn't solve the problem.

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2019 Views 376 Applies to:

Hi Jaked08,

I'd like to know more information about this issue you're having with connecting to your Smart TV. Please answer these questions:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 device? Press Windows logo key + R, type winver, then select OK to get this information.
  • Is your Acer device connected to the Smart TV by HDMI or WiFi? How about your desktop?
  • What app are you using to connect the Smart TV and desktop?\

After getting this information, I'll get back to you as soon as I can to help.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi.

I will provide the information in 4 hours once I get back home for the 1st bullet point, but for the rest please see below.

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 device? Press Windows logo key + R, type winver, then select OK to get this information.  
  • Is your Acer device connected to the Smart TV by HDMI or WiFi? Wifi  How about your desktop? Wifi but unable to connected to the smart TV.
  • What app are you using to connect the Smart TV and desktop? I used Windows 10 to connect to wireless display. settings>devices>blutooth&otherdevices>add blutooth and other devices.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ian Ser,

Please see attached build and version.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for updates. It seems that your current build is 2 updates behind. Please make sure that you're on the latest build. Going to the latest one may resolve your issue. To check for updates, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available for your PC. Now check if you're able to connect to your Smart TV.

If the issue would still persist after updating to the latest Windows build, update your Network drivers as this is the one responsible for the connection between your PC and Smart TV. Follow these steps:

1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
  2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. In this case, expand the Network adapter category, right-click, select Update Driver and do the same to the rest of the items.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  4. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update me if there are improvements.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ian Ser,

I apologize for the delay in response since I'm overseas. Now that I'm back please see below updates.

I run window updates and below is the new build. 

but still unable to connect.

I tried reinstalling the driver but still got the same issue, I even tried searching driver in windows update. Kindly advise please.

Regards,

Jaked08

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the updates. Can you give me the make and model of the Smart TV you're using? Also, is your desktop able to connect to your network internet using the Wireless adapter?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ian Ser,

Thank you for your reply and support. The TV is PANASONIC TH-55EX400S. Yes my desktop is able to connect through the internet. That is the same device I used when I sent you the screenshots from the recent emails.

Regards,

Sorry this didn't help.

There shouldn't be any problems with the Smart TV as this is fairly new. Can you try your Wireless Lan USB Adapter on another device such as your laptop and try to connect through there? It's possible that the adapter is the cause of the issue.

Update me if there are improvements.

Sorry this didn't help.