Unable to change Windows Update settings: "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

original title: "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

Im using Windows 7 Home Premium, and I've been encountering difficulties in Windows Updates Settings. I want to change my settings on Windows Updates so I can install important software from the Internet. But the problem is it prompts this message "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2019 Views 283,012 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
 If you want to change your settings on Windows Updates manualy (not from registry) you need to delete added subkey under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU to leave only the "default" subkey.

514 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Try this:

1.    Click Start, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

2.    Locate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.

3.    Double-click “Security Zones: Do not allow users to change policies” on the right pane

4.    Choose “Not Configured” and click OK.

5.    Restart the computer and test the result.

You can also delete the registry key “Security_HKLM_only” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet

Settings directly.

If the issue persists, I would like to confirm when this issue began to occur. Have any changes been made on your computer recently? Is your computer in a domain?

-^-Bazinga-^-

325 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.