Unable to change timezone settings windows 11

After I got my win 11 install setup, I noticed that the time zone section in settings is greyed out, and I am unable to change it, I have included a pic below,

I also tried setting it through the control panel, but I just get the error "Unable to continue, you do not have permission to complete this task"

I am administrator on my machine and do not see any group policy's applied, am running win 11 home.

Answer
Answer
Hi Ethan -

I'm Kevin B., I do apologize for the inconvenience that you're experiencing right now, let me help you sort things out.

Did the issue started right after the upgrade to windows 11?

If you're the administrator of your account and the only user on your computer, then this might be just a misconfigure windows settings on your computer. Kindly follow the steps below and check if it helps

Run a system file checker to verify the integrity of windows system files on your computer making sure that there are no corrupted files on your windows.

Perform SFC Scan and Repair Windows Image
-This process will perform scan for any corrupted system files or integrity violation and will attempt to repair it along with the Windows Image.

1. Open command prompt with administrator access
2. Type each command below and wait until scan is completed.

SFC /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Quick note: While the command is running, it's expected to see the process stuck at 20 or 40 percent. After a few minutes, the process will complete successfully.

Once you complete the steps, the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool will connect to the Windows Update servers to download and replace any damaged files in the local image for Windows 10 as necessary.

3. Close the command prompt.

Restart the computer and check if the same issue appears

If the above method did not fix the issue, kindly try to create a new user profile on your windows computer and check if the same issue appears on the new user

Please click on the link below and follow the steps to create a new user profile

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

Hope this will help and have a bless day!

Thanks.
Kevin B.
Independent advisor

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi there,

Taken me a year to fix this, but finally today I did it.

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEE6MMY7nXc

Option 1 worked for my PC and option 2 worked for my Laptop.

Laptop was windows 11.

I had to enable Group Policy Editor using this websites information, it was easy, just follow the steps.

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/11/29/how-to-enable-the-group-policy-editor-on-windows-11-home/

Basically had to add "USERS" to the list of authorised groups who are allowed to change the times and timezones.

Goodluck.

D.

91 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 120,558 Applies to: