Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

I recently reset my windows 10 pc, forgot to delete or uninstall old apps from my hdd, now when i try to change where new apps wil save i get the following message "Delete other apps?: This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deletted. Do you want to continue?" After select yes i get the error message: We couldn't save your default save location: The operation did not complete succesfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x8007003". I can't delete the folder by myself. Any idea how could i fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Answer

so to anyone this might help if you had an issue with not wanting to install games on your main drive and you have a separate hdd that already has files on it that you do not  want to format it i tried so many things and possibly the easiest solution that i did i didn't  think this would work.

if your windows app folder is sitting on the main page of your hdd  just create a new folder call it whatever you want or it may be related to the fact this may have been where the windows store made a folder for my games it installed as well it was just called games

im pretty sure i made it but cant remember  but besides the point  literally just move the windows apps folder inside that folder then go to your setting to where you change where apps are installed and choose the new drive and hit yes when asked to delete and it worked!

hope this helps someone out there!

175 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 41,016 Applies to: