Question
Applies to

Unable to boot: System enters rescue mode...GRUB rescue. How do I get back to my OS?

Nagu007 asked on
                 Here is my problem. I have Windows 7 and Linux Boss installed on to my laptop. I basically do not have much knowledge about computers. My computer's hard disk size is 320 GB. When I work on Windows, i found 100 GB is unoccupied and therefore i went for partition and added a new local disk E: . But later I came to know that my Linux OS has that 100 GB of memory. Now, I'm not able to boot in to my system as I'm getting error: unknown filesystem. Entering rescue mode... grub rescue> What am I supposed to do to get back both the OSs?  Waiting for a positive reply!

Original Title: GRUB ISSUE
227 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
vivekanandM replied on
                 Here is my problem. I have Windows 7 and Linux Boss installed on to my laptop. I basically do not have much knowledge about computers. My computer's hard disk size is 320 GB. When I work on Windows, i found 100 GB is unoccupied and therefore i went for partition and added a new local disk E: . But later I came to know that my Linux OS has that 100 GB of memory. Now, I'm not able to boot in to my system as I'm getting error: unknown filesystem. Entering rescue mode... grub rescue> What am I supposed to do to get back both the OSs?  Waiting for a positive reply!

Original Title: GRUB ISSUE

177 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress