Unable to Add Additional Fingerprint in Windows Hello

11 June 2020

There is an issue with Windows Hello Fingerprint. I could add the first fingerprint but when I choose to add another fingerprint, it shows me the error "Your Device Is Having Trouble Recognizing You. Please Try Again".

The weird part is that if I removed my first fingerprint and then set up Windows Hello Fingerprint this time with another finger, it succeeded but I still cannot add another fingerprint. The same error "Your Device Is Having Trouble Recognizing You. Please Try Again" came up.

The fingerprint scanner can recognize all 10 fingers of mine provided I only set up ONE FINGERPRINT ONLY and I cannot add additional fingerprint.

I have already tried all the following troubleshooting method:

1) Removing The Fingerprint and Pin and Setting the Pin and Fingerprint Again

First Fingerprint is always successful, the additional fingerprint could not be added as stated above.

2) Using the Command Prompt as admin:

I have ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command and sfc/scannow command which return the result "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." and did not resolve the issue

3) Restarted the Windows Biometric Service
Stop, Start, Restart 
options has been tried out and did not resolve the issue

4) C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabaseRemove all fingerprint, did a backup of the files in the folder and deleted the original files in the folder and then restart the Windows Biometric Service did not resolve the issue

5) Updated/Reinstalled/Uninstall/Install To Latest Driver
BOTH Old version or New Version , tried from device manager to update, tried the driver from the manufacture website, still could not fix the issue 

6) Tried Troubleshooter in Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Right Click Device > Troubleshoot
Troubleshoot did not find any error and did not resolve the issue

7) Power Management Setting of the Fingerprint Driver

Unchecked and checked the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and did not resolve the issue

I have done all 7 above steps, and all does not return any error code and did not solve the issue. I would not mind if I had to reset Windows 10 to solve this issue but can I at least confirm that this is an Windows 10 (specifically Windows Hello Fingerprint Issue)?

Additional Information: Windows 10 Version 1909 With Already Latest Updates (Issue already happen before updating so the update isn't the issue in the first place)

Update 14 April 2021

I have reset my device before and it seems resetting the device did not resolve the problem

I am currently on Windows 10 Version 20H2 with Latest Update As Usual (Issue already begin as stated long ago)

Latest Troubleshooting Steps Suggested:
8)  Device manager > biometric device > It shows your driver under, right click on it > properties > driver > update driver > browse my computer > let me pick > choose the latest version and > next, still failed to resolve the issue.

9) Reset Fingerprint in BIOS then attempt step 8 again which is  device manager > biometric device > It shows your driver under, right click on it > properties > driver > update driver > browse my computer > let me pick > choose the latest version and > next, and done repeatedly and still failed to resolve the issue.

As of now all options seems to be exhausted and has not resolve the issue mentioned 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem afther I updated to win 10 2004.

Have you found any solution?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've done all of the above albeit suggested on other forums like the Acer community except 2 and 4. Re 2 I think I have accessed checking a slightly different way and re 4. when I was about to do this got a message that it was a bad idea. 

My problem is that the fingerprint reader is just inconsistent and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't and when I'm inputting I get the same message -"Your Device Is Having Trouble Recognizing You. Please Try Again" and then suddenly its says its OK but the reader still does not work 100% of the time and I have put the PIN in. Frustrating. :)

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too noticed ,after upating windows to 2004 feature update, fingerprint not working

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My ideapad used to allow me to sign in using fingerprint now it says that it can't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows hello Fingerprint. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too noticed ,after upating windows to 2004 feature update, fingerprint not working

so?? what's the solution then?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Downgrade to older version, It fix this problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is Microsoft going to fix it or not?! Looks like most of users who updated to Windows 10 2004 have this issue with their fingerprint scanner!!! IT IS A HUGE PROBLEM BTW, But how can we fix it?? Not using Windows 10 2004?? I hope not.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I contacted microsoft support and they confirm this problem. They also said that they will relise patch soon, but its almost a month now. For know, not updating to 2004 is the only solution.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I dont know what i did maybe it just time or confirmation or something but its okay now so.. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I want to active fingerprint of my PC

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2024 Views 9,007 Applies to: