unable to access my PC due to BitLocker

When I start my machine, I see BitLocker on the screen. What can I do?
Answer
Answer
Hello Erica, my name is Marcel and I am an Independent Advisor.
I am here to help.

Have you setup the BitLocker on your computer before? Sometimes it happens that the user hasn’t setup the BitLocker but it requires the key. If it is your issue, you can try to locate the BitLocker key on your Microsoft account.
Find my BitLocker recovery key
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402618...
If it doesn’t help, try enabling the secure boot setting from BIOS.
1. Power off the device and then power it on.
2. Find the message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. Perhaps you will need to click on the F1, F2 or Delete buttons whatever key is prompted on the boot screen to enter BIOS Settings.
3. Within BIOS select the tab BOOT. (Depending on the BIOS manufacturer this page could be BOOT, ADVANCED, STARTUP etc.)
4. Find the setting called UEFI Secure Boot and toggle the Secure Boot setting to Enabled. (Each BIOS could have a different name for UEFI Secure Boot. These are the keywords to look for: ‘UEFI’, ‘Secure Boot’,‘Legacy Boot’.)
5. Relaunch the computer to enable the settings.
Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 5,273 Applies to: