UEFI BOOT

Hi Smart People

Dell Inspiron i5-3x

Win10

I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues.

When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my keyboard language - then restarts and brings me back to the same screen.

I can boot by selecting F12 during startup which brings me to a screen:

The default Windows Boot Manager cycles me thru the Keyboard Language screen -

The SECOND Windows Boot Manager boots the machine normally - but only for that cycle.

How do I remove the first WBM, or swap positions - anything as long it the boot Sequence looks to the 2nd WBM.

Bios doesn't seem to have that option - is it something that can be done using Regedit or another process?

Thanks for the help!

D-K-S

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

How many Hard disks are you using in your system currently?

I suggest you to boot into Windows through the second Boot Manager and check how many active partitions are present. You can do that by following the steps below:

1. Right-click on the ‘Windows’ icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.

2. Click on ‘Disk Management’, this will open the ‘Disk Management’ window.

3. Scroll down to find the ‘Disks’ connected to your system, for example: Disk 0, Disk 1 and so on.

4. You will be able to find which ‘partition’ is active in the ‘Disk’ on which the Windows 10 is installed.

Please take a screenshot of the disk manager and post it so that we can get a better understanding of the issue. You can follow this post on ‘How to include a screenshot in your post’ by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] dated October 2, 2015 to guide you through this process.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

AAron

Thanks for the quick reply - here is a screenshot of the laptops Disk Manager.  There are more partitions than I remember being on the original.

D-K-S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 5, 2024 Views 244 Applies to: