Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want that. So I want to shut the log-in screen off altogether if I can't use just a password.

I don't know how to, though, because I'm wary of random online tutorials when it comes to something that could lock me out of my computer for good. Even ones on the microsoft website (although outdated) ending with them breaking their computer despite support assistance. Facial recognition has never recognized my face and I do not want it. I want to remain using my passwords. But if it's going to be forced on me, then I want to disable the log-in screen entirely. Without being locked out of the functionality of my computer.

Thank you.

I meant to type "How do I" in the title, oof. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Grimm
Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

You can do this with Step 1 below. Step 2 and 3 are for waking up from sleep and screen saver.

Step 1. You will need to create a local account and use that to login as login without password is not possible for Microsoft account. Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/402692...

Type netplwiz.cpl in Cortana Search box > Click netplwiz.cpl > Select local account > Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer

Step 2. Windows Key+i > Accounts > Click sign-in options > Under Require sign-in select Never

Step 3. Windows Key+i > Personalization > Lock screen > Screen saver settings > Uncheck the box to On resume, display logon screen

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help. I would be happy to work with you to take you though this problem.
Best regards
Vijay A. Verma @ http://www.eforexcel.com/

Timezone: UTC+05:30, PST+12:30
Availability Hours (UTC) : 05:00 AM - 05:00 PM

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Please follow these steps:

1. Type netplwiz in the search box at the bottom left corner of the desktop. Then click on netplwiz on the pop-up menu.

2. In User Accounts dialog box, uncheck the box next to 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'. Then click OK button.

3. To ensure the operation is authorized, you are required to enter and confirm your password. Enter Password and Confirm Password, then click OK button.

4. Restart your PC then you can log in without using a password.

Let us know if this helps! 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

40 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Grimm Flowers

You must first change from a Microsoft Account for login to a local account

Open the Settings App
Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options
Choose to sign in with a local account
(in newer versions of Windows 10, this might be on the Your Info Settings Page)
Enter your old password, then enter and confirm your new password
Close the Settings App

That's It!

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2021 Views 59,477 Applies to: