turn off parental controls windows 10

PLEASE  HELP!

I cannot find this setting.

I have no family or other people on my account.

***Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi Susan,

To clarify the issue, are you referring to parental controls in Internet Explorer or family settings in Windows 10?

Parental control, mostly known as Content Advisor in Internet Explorer is a feature that allows users to view content on the web, and to control the types of content that your PC accesses on the internet. This feature is no longer available in Internet Options like it used to be in the older versions of the browser.

Kindly provide more information regarding your concern so that we can provide you with the proper resolution.

Your reply is most important to assist you accordingly.

50 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Susan,

To clarify the issue, are you referring to parental controls in Internet Explorer or family settings in Windows 10?

Parental control, mostly known as Content Advisor in Internet Explorer is a feature that allows users to view content on the web, and to control the types of content that your PC accesses on the internet. This feature is no longer available in Internet Options like it used to be in the older versions of the browser.

Kindly provide more information regarding your concern so that we can provide you with the proper resolution.

I cannot locate the parental control feature to remove it.

I have parental control settings turned on, but I have no other users in my account.

I therefore cannot remove anyone or remove the control as directed.

When I want to add a program, I am asked to find my "parent' to sign in & ask for permission.

This is turned on in a global setting but I cannot find the location to set it to 'off.'

I am using Windows 10 with Internet Explorer.

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Susan,

I cannot locate the parental control feature to remove it.

I have parental control settings turned on, but I have no other users in my account.

I therefore cannot remove anyone or remove the control as directed.

When I want to add a program, I am asked to find my "parent' to sign in & ask for permission.

This is turned on in a global setting but I cannot find the location to set it to 'off.'

I am using Windows 10 with Internet Explorer.

Since I do not have any other members in my family, I am not give the options to turn off/remove parental controls.

I cannot find the setting to turn off parental controls!!!!

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the information, Susan. It seems that the setting you're trying to turn off is not parental control/content advisor in Internet Explorer but Family Safety in Windows 10. If you are receiving a message asking a parent to sign for permissions, it means that the Microsoft account that's associated with the user account is added as a child account. If that is the case, you would need access to the adult account in order to make the needed changes.

Are there other accounts on your PC? If there are, we suggest checking the accounts on your PC, as well as checking your email for any signs of your Microsoft account being added as a child account.

To resolve this, you need to remove your account from any family account that it's associated with. Should you find/have access to the adult account, here is a support article on how to turn off family settings in Windows 10 for you reference.

If the above resolution does not work for you, and there are no other accounts in your PC, or other Microsoft accounts that you know of, try creating a new user account, and then try to add a program. Check if you will still be prompted for an adult sign-in. Here is a support article on how to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know how it turns out.

39 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 33,649 Applies to: