Turn off login screen advertisement/messages...

I do not want to see the special interest/political messages on my Windows login screen.  I just want the operating system to do its purpose and not promote beliefs and causes to me.  How do you shut this off?
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove the additional text on the lock screen.

I would like to inform you that Windows Spotlight comes with the feature of Fun facts, tips, and more, which provides suggestions about Windows 10 features and tips. Since this feature is integrated with Windows Spotlight, we cannot disable it. However, if we use a normal picture as a lock screen image, then we can disable this feature.

If you are not using Windows Spotlight and using a normal picture, you may to refer the steps mentioned below to disable this feature:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open Settings.
  2. Click on Personalization and select Lock screen from the left pane.
  3. Under Background, toggle the switch to Off for Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen.

You can also disable Windows Spotlight and select a different lock screen image. To do this, go to Start >> Settings >> Personalization >> Lock screen >> Background, select Picture from the drop down.

However, it would be great if you can share your feedback and suggestions in the Microsoft Feedback Hub, where our developers can look into the requests and constantly improve the features.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

64 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2024 Views 9,329 Applies to: