trying to install updates, but getting error 0x800704b3

i have windows 7 professional 32-bit,an i am trying to install updates in my computer, but unfortunately im getting error 0x800704b3, whne i tried to perform a clean boott, i noy able to open the msconfiguration. i am getting an error "0x800704b3 The network path was either typed incorrectly, does not exist, or th network provider is not currently available. Please try retyping the path or contact your network administrator."  and i tried Start > computer > Local drive C: But when i double clicked on the drive C, i got an acces denied error.  the only application that i can use is just internet explorer, and im getting 0x800704b3 on all other. how can i resolve this issue?

Question Info

Last updated August 16, 2019 Views 1,862 Applies to:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope, its a different one.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Please answer each of the following diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did Win7 come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win7, or did you upgrade from Vista to Win7?

2. What is the full name of your installed anti-virus application or security suite and when (approx. date) does your current subscription expire?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) are installed?  What third-party firewall (if any)?

3. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer?

4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

5. Which of the following updates ARE NOT LISTED in View installed updates (not Update History)? [1]

(a) KB2660649, KB2676562, KB2658846, KB2688338, KB2695962, KB2690533, KB2656411, KB2604115 & KB2718704;

(b) KB2675157 & KB2653956;

(c) KB2621440 & KB2667402;

(d) KB2633873, KB2656373, KB2644615 & KB2633171;

(e) KB2544521 or Windows Internet Explorer 9 [<=TELL ME WHICH ONE]

6. What Java version is currently installed?  TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY => http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

7. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

8. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; Advanced System Optimizer; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; CCleaner)?

==============================================
[1] Start | Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem. But I'm using Windows 7 from my Virtual Machine on my mac.
I cannot installed the important updates, I cannot run troubleshooting, and I cannot run my SQL (from Oracle XE 11gR2).

When I try to uninstall this program T-mobile webconnect, it failed, and this window appear:
This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package

To answer the questions:

1a. September 4 2012. Macbook Pro.
1b. installed the Win7 from Microsoft Dreamspark for Academic Institution.
2. For the windows, I installed avast!Free Antivirus
3. I don't think so
4. No, don't think so
5. (a) KB2695962,
(b) KB2675157

(c) none (both listed)

(d) KB2633873

(e) KB2544521

6. no java in the windows

7. have chrome but for the mac

8. no. Just installed the microsoft safety scanner.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

@kawaipipito & anyone else with a similar problem: To avoid confusion & duplication of effort, please begin your own, new thread in the appropriate forum. State your current IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP2; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 32-bit; Win7 32-bit SP1; Win7 64-bit; Win7 64-bit SP1). Thank you.

See...

• HOW TO begin your own, new thread about your computer & your problem
       http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Page/faq#faqGettingAnswers5

• Suggestions for asking a question in help forums
       http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.