Trying to extend c: drive, but doesn't work, due to not enough space...?

Hi, I used to partition my hdd into multiple drives, because it was more organized, but now I want to bring everything back into one partition, the c: drive.

I have a 2Tb hdd, and my c: drive is almost full, and a 65gb unallocated disk. 

Technically, I could extend the c: drive to have 65 more gigs, but that's what happens:

It's just gray. So I installed another software to try to resize the disk, and it showed me that it didn't have enough free space to extend the disk...

I do have linux installed on my pc, as a dual boot, but is is stored in the 153 gigs drive, so there should not be any problems regarding that.

Does anyone know a solution that problem? Because the thing is, moments before, I deleted a drive, so I had 80 free gbs, and I extended the c: drive, but now it doesn't work with the free 65gbs. 

Answer
Answer
Hello boaring.

In order to extend your drive. You MUST delete everything to the RIGHT of the un-allocated space or it will not extend.
Patience is a virtue

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Due to your partition layout, you are not able to do that. If the C:\ partition was adjacent to the unallocated space, you would be able to do it.

Your best option is to delete the healthy partition to left of it then merge it with your Steam partition.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2019 Views 63 Applies to: