trying to connect jambox via bluetooth

I am trying to connect a mini jambox to windows 10 pc.  Connected usb power for jambox to pc, then pc recognized the jam box in list of devices.  How do I direct sound to jambox?  If I disconnect from the PC's usb port, I can get sound from jam box by using headphone output from PC.  Could not connect via Bluetooth--after blue tooth recognizes jambox, there is a message "cannot connect, try again".  Many tries and restarts did not succeed in getting a blue tooth connection.
Answer
Answer

The device might be hidden. Since the device is detected and you have successfully paired it. It should somehow appear on the audio devices connected. Here, follow these steps, see if it helps.

1. Click Start then go to Control Panel. Or type Control Panel on the Cortana search bar beside the start button.
  2. Click Hardware and Sound.
  3. Click on Sound. A new window should open.
  4. Click Playback tab.
  5. Right-click on any space inside the tab and see if there's a check on Show Disabled devices. If not, click on it.
  6. Check if your audio device is in there, if yes, right click on it, then choose Enable.
  7. Highlight/Select that speaker afterwards, then click on Set as Default at the bottom.
  8. Test if issue still persists.

If there's anything else you need, don't hesitate to come back to us.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2024 Views 5,275 Applies to: