Try again later. We can't play this right now. (0x10006187)

Looks like no one has the answer to this so  I'll ask again to bring more light to this issue. I own dozens of movies and TV shows via Xbox. I can watch them at home just fine. I can watch them on my Windows Phone just fine. What I can't do is watch "some" of them in a browser.

If I pull up Lord of the Rings, it plays fine. If I pull up The Martian...

:(

Try again later. We can't play this right now.

(0x10006187)

Over and over. It's been going on for days. I'd love to be able to play this movie. I'd do it on my phone but I don't want to kill my data plan.

Any ideas?

Running Windows 7. I get this error in EI, Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks

It's a recurring issue with me, too. Everything runs fine on my Xbox 360 or Xbox One, but on my laptop - also with Windows 7 - much of my content refuses to play. I spent a couple of days working on it with Microsoft online help - four technicians total - & no one could come up with an answer. Microsoft eventually said that it wasn't a Microsoft code, I needed to talk to Xbox support; Xbox support didn't recognize the code, either, & said since issue was with a laptop, I needed to go back to Microsoft.

The only thing I've been able to determine is that after they rebranded Xbox video to Microsoft Movies & TV, they also started slowly phasing out support for Windows 7. If you look at the supported devices, Windows 7 is conspiciously missing now - it'll play on Xbox, Windows 10, Window 8, & Windows Phone 8.

I'm unable to verify at this time if upgrading to Windows 10 will resolve the issue - I haven't had time yet to back up my personal files & make the upgrade. But free or not, it's a pretty stupid way to get people to make the transition.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, I've tried to watch purchased tv episodes from Safari on my Mac, Win10 (IE, Edge & Chrome) and get the same error message or a (0x80004005 error)  Its unethical to charge you for purchases that you cannot watch.  There is no readily available option to report a problem or dispute a purchase unless your on Win10.

There is next to no support offered and in my opinion, a poor job by Microsoft to not answer this question; its all over the place.  The only option is to create another profile, etc., etc....  and the comments replied showed that didn't work - then no response from Microsoft.

This is just poor business practice and customer service.

I'll dispute the transactions through my credit card company now; thats a simple phone call or web interaction.
I'll purchase my videos through a reputable company from now on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good news - I upgraded to Win 10 & using the Movies/TV app, have no more streaming issues when trying to watch my stuff.

Bad news - my internet browsing experience is...no words I feel comfortable posting here, so let's just say, really bad. Edge takes forever to load a page & IE even with an adblocker is no longer responding the way it should. I'm to the point where if I want to surf the net, I use a tablet. It's beyond ridiculous.

Worse news - a show I purchased is no longer showing I own it. So I get to bang heads with billing as soon as I find the time.

Seriously. This is insane.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2020 Views 536 Applies to: