Trouble importing photos from iPhone 5s to Windows 8 - "the device is unreachable"

I currently have 2,972 photos on my iPhone 5s and in order to save some phone space and back up my photos, I've attempted to import them using windows. However, the first 283 photos are uploading fine, but every photo after will not import because "the device is unreachable". I do not understand what this means, as the phone is plugged in to the laptop charging like normal, and iTunes is recognising it perfectly fine. The phone is also visible in the "devices" section of "this PC".

I tried simply restarting my computer to see if that would change anything with no luck. I then did a hardware troubleshoot, as suggested in http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-pictures/how-do-i-import-photos-from-my-iphone-onto-my/35bca3d6-7362-49e1-b77a-23b3612ff996 (an article which asks the same question with no resolutions from July 2013). The troubleshooter only came up with one problem, that "hardware changes might not have been detected". Yet again, I do not understand what this means, and so I am confused as to how I go about resolving the problem, as the troubleshooter offered no solutions.

As you can probably guess, I am becoming quite frustrated with this, as I want to assure that I always have a copy of these photos, some of them holding great sentimental value to me. Can anyone suggest a way to fix the problem, or at least give me another way to import the photos without having to manually drag each individual photo from the phones "internal storage" to their respective folders in "my photos".

Many thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated January 27, 2019 Views 1,890 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response.

You can refer to the link (apple forums) below where in similar issue has been discussed and check if it works.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6007976?start=0&tstart=0

Hope this information helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Monisa V

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.