After attempting to install what I believe to be KB4549951, my laptop will no longer boot. The update proceeded normally when shutting down the PC, but when turning it on, the boot screen quickly says "Preparing Automatic Repair", which then becomes "Diagnosing your PC", then "Attempting repairs". I am then brought to the Automatic Repair screen the tells me it couldn't repair my PC and points me to a log file. I have have tried:
- Startup Repair, which simply repeats the process
- Startup Settings, which also repeats the process
- System Restore, which fails after ~5 minutes
- Uninstall latest quality update, which tells me I have pending update actions and to use Startup Repair
- Uninstall latest feature update, which fails and tells me to reset the PC
- Resetting the PC, which fails
- Using a drive with the Windows 10 Installation media to run Startup Repair through the "Repair this computer" option.
Is there anything else I can do to get my computer to boot short of formatting the drive and reinstalling Windows?