Transparent Box with Loading Symbol When Hovered On Stuck On Screen Keeps Coming Back After Restart

I have a strange, transparent box stuck at the bottom of my screen over the taskbar that shows a loading symbol when I hover over it. I have restarted the computer and it goes away but it comes back eventually. It sort of looks like a taskbar thumbnail preview that started loading and just stays there. I can open other programs and interact with them just fine but if I try to click on anything that is behind the box it won't work. Basically no matter what window I open everything that is displayed behind this box is completely inaccessible even when I can see it. See picture.

Without Cursor

With Cursor (Taken from Steps Recorder)

Note: If restarting had fixed this and it did not reoccur I wouldn't bother asking about it. I can't figure out which program is triggering the preview (if that's what it is) that gets stuck so I'm out of ideas on what to do about it. I even went into the task manager and closed everything. Still there. Making it difficult to work in anything that requires me to type, including this, because if I make an error behind the box I can't use my mouse to place the cursor near/highlight the mistake to fix it.

Answer
Answer

I found the issue. Go to Task Manager > Details > MiniSearchHost and end the process. Should remove the box.

1027 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 18,529 Applies to: