Tracking packages

I have a question about how Cortana tracks packages. I understand she gets the shipment information automatically from the emails I receive. However, once Cortana identifies the shipment and adds it to the "tracking list", can I delete the email (or move it out of my inbox)? Or will that remove the tracking and/or cause Cortana to stop tracking the package? Now that MS has enhanced Outlook also automatically to put an appointment for the shipment in my calendar, same question there too--will deleting the email cause the calendar entry to get deleted? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Hi,

Cortana needs these things for automatic tracking to work:

1. Email must be routed through the Mail & Calendar app; the web email will not work.

2. Packages from http://Amazon.com, Target, Apple, eBay, Microsoft Store, and Walmart are supported

3. USPS, FedEx, DHL, and UPS are the supported package carriers.

If the above conditions are not met, Cortana will stop tracking automatically. And, you'll have to manually track packages in Cortana.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response but it doesn't quite answer my question. While I understand what it takes to have Cortana start tracking a package, I want to know whether Cortana will continue to track the package if I delete or move the email out of my Inbox. Meaning, once Cortana starts tracking the package, does she Cortana need the email to remain in the inbox to keep tracking it?

I hope my question makes sense. Again, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2019 Views 135 Applies to: