TouchPad Scroll Icon Stuck on Screen after Windows 10 Upgrade

On my Dell XPS 17 (L702X) I have a Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad. Since the Windows 10 Upgrade (From Windows 7 Home Premium) I keep getting the multi-touch scroll icon from this touchpad stuck on screen:

I can continue to move and use the mouse however the Icon remains and is usually joined by a few friends over the course of several minutes. They are always on top of whichever window I have and quite annoying - the collection above only took me 10 minutes of flicking up and down a page to gather.

A short term fix is to end Desktop Windows Manager which will clear them.

Has anyone seen this before / does anyone have a solution to stop this happening? As mentioned this has only become an issue since the Windows 10 Upgrade.

I have attempted updating / reinstalling the drivers to no avail.

Cheers,

Ryan

Answer
Answer
I solved this issue with Mr JGR's hint on Win7x64 as well.

For those unsure about the reg key adding: run regedit, navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh

in left pane, right click SynTPEnh, select New/DWORD Value. Name of the new key should be writable, Name it: UseScrollCursor , value should be zeros at default, no need to change (in my case). 

It's supposed to look like this: (at least it works in my case, no scroll sign after reboot at all... ;)

193 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 42,118 Applies to: