Touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 1903

I updated to the latest 1903 build (18362) from an iso file downloaded from Microsoft website. The upgrade ran smoothly. After everything is completed, I installed the latest updates from Windows Update. Then I noticed that scolling with touchpad doesn't work at all in Start Menu, but works perfectly in all other apps. This is very strange as it works perfectly any other apps. I also installed another update from Windows Update and updated the touchpad driver but it doesn't fix the problem. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 320.
Answer
Answer

I don't know why it's not working on the new version of Windows but i know the cause of that problem.

The Windows Precision drivers for the touchpad isn't optimal for the new Windows update.

To fix it, you have to :

1) Open Settings

2) Click on Apps

3) Look for the program Synaptics drivers or something like that and uninstall it.

4) And to be sure, click Windows key + X and click on M on your keyboard

5) Expand the tab Mice and other pointing devices

6) Right-click on Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad

7) Click Uninstall Driver

8) Restart your computer.

These steps helped me a lot, hope it helped you too ;)

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

If you're on Lenovo Ideapad 320, Lenovo has provided a firmware update for the laptop which came a few weeks after the release of Windows 10 1903. Update to the latest firmware and issue should be resolved.

Those on different devices, should update the touchpad drivers to latest version.

If issue still persists, create a System Restore point first.

Then uninstall Synaptics from Settings > Apps > App & features.

Open Device Manager and under Mice and other pointing devices, right click on Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad, select Uninstall. 

Reboot and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP, since 2016 · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2023 Views 4,432 Applies to: