Time jumps ahead for an hour or more on Windows 10 when time is set for three different zones.

Original title:Windows 10 time wrong after sleep, or shoutdown

I realize several questions have been asked around this topic but none address my issue. I have a brand new HP Spectre x360 with only Windows 10, so the "old CMOS battery" and "multiple Operating Systems" scenarios don't apply.

In my case I have 3 timezones showing in my clock: US Pacific, Germany, Kenya

What I noticed is that the time only jumps forward by full hours. Sometimes it jumps to the Kenya time, even though my main timezone is still US Pacific. Sometimes it jumps forward by more than that. It has jumped as much as 2.5 days. I suspect it is a multiple of the timezone differences between the 3 I have showing, but I have not proven that yet.

No matter whether I set the clock to update manually or sync automatically, it regularly happens.

People have been asking questions around this topic for years and multiple versions of Windows. I can't believe this has not been fixed once and for all.

So far I have not found a solution. I just turned off the other time zones and will update here if that helps.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Since you have mentioned it is a new PC you currently possess, there are chances your BIOS may need updating which might be causing the above issue.

I suggest you to update the BIOS from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved. For updating BIOS, you either have to contact the BIOS manufacturer website or refer to the manual for the steps.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So I bought this computer 4 weeks ago from the Microsoft Store and it shipped with a BIOS that needs updating?

Well, I used the HP Support Assistant to check for updates and it tells me there are no updates available.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The clock on my 2 year old computer running Windows 10 went forward an hour for no reason. I set it back manually and am monitoring the situation

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2023 Views 2,138 Applies to: