ThunkConnect32 in Kernel32

Greetings.

I've been searching around for solutions to this, but only found suggestions for Windows versions below XP. Apparently this is an age-old issue.

This is the error message:

"The procedure entry point ThunkConnect32 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

For me it started, when I tried to launch the program Fraps about 9 months ago. Tried to find a fix, but found nothing of use. I figured I don't fraps so much I can live with the error message popping up.

A month or so later the same message started appearing (3 times consecutively) when I launched any of my installed games. I clicked "OK" and the program launched.

As of today I also get the error message, when watching videos on YouTube using the Opera web browser. Again, clicking "OK" allows me to continue.

I do not have the option of reinstalling Windows 7, and I currently don't have access to my repair disk, so I need to find a solution to fix the error in the .dll file, or replace it with a functional one. 

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2019 Views 1,946 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

1.  Are you able to boot to the desktop?
2.  Does this issue occur with Internet explorer?

First you need to try safe mode and check if you are able to boot to the desktop.

Follow this below provided link to start your computer in safemode.

You may also try checking for the last known good configuration in the advanced boot options.

I also recommend you to update the display drivers and see if it makes any difference. You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

a. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance,and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the assword or provide confirmation.
b. In Device Manager, locate the Device, and then double-click the device name.
c. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.

Try to follow the below provided link to Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly and check for the issue.

After updating the display drivers reboot your computer and check if the issue gets fixed.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.