This error came when I tried to open "Edit Group Policy" - MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc

Hello,

Can anyone help regarding this issue?

Also, I was trying to do this to enable Copilot. I can open copilot by doing a Run command - microsoft-edge://?ux=copilot&tcp=1&source=taskbar
But the setting to show it on the taskbar is not available.

Thank you.

Hi Jeet_Patel,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Would you mind sharing more information about this issue with us?

The Group Policy tool is not available on Windows Home Edition.

Some Group Policy configurations may create corresponding keys in the registry.

Disclaimer: Generally, modifying registry subkeys or work group is intended for advanced users, administrators, and IT Professionals. It can help fix some problems, however, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For further protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support to view the article. 

Copilot availability is affected by a variety of factors, such as the status of the account Profile, the status of the Microsoft account, and the region.

If your device is located in a network environment where Copilot is available, try assigning a new Profile on the device and logging in to a new Microsoft account. Verify whether Copilot is available under the new Profile.

If I misunderstand your situation, feel free to correct me and share the information.

Best Regards,

Kyo - MSFT | Microsoft Community Technical Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 17 Applies to: