The windows Security app does not open :(

The windows security app doesn't open. I have tried repair and reset options in the settings. Also ran the command: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage in powershell (as admin). Still it is not opening. It freezes at the startup as in the image attached and then the app closes by itself. Please help.

Regards

|
Hi, good day! I'm Jerico T., I understand that you're having some issues right now, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

Are there any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue? Please try to create a new user profile with admin privileges and check if the same issue will appear. Click the link below for the steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

If in case the same issue appears in the new user profile, please sign back into your main user profile and perform In-place Repair/Upgrade. You mentioned that you already tried the reset option in settings, performing it will take your device to its factory reset, however, there's a chance that the issue will remain, while In-place Repair/Upgrade has a huge chance to fix the issue.

In-Place Repair
- In-place repair/upgrade or repair reinstall is a process of re-installing Windows WITHOUT touching any of your applications or personal files. In this way if there's any data corruption, damaged system files or missing system files on your computer, this repair will fix or repair them.

To start we need to download an ISO file of Windows 11 and save it to your computer. Please follow the instruction on the link below to create an ISO file.

Note: You don't have to create a bootable drive, just download the ISO file, save it in your computer then run it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

After the ISO is created, follow the steps below on how to perform repair install on your computer.

Note: Please make sure that you're signed in or have administrator rights to be able to proceed for the repair install.

1. Unplug all external hardware except mouse, keyboard and LAN cable.
2. Disable or uninstall any third-party antivirus program/application to prevent them from interfering with the repair install.
3. Run the ISO file that you downloaded, if there's a prompt asking you "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" Click Yes
4. Windows 11 setup will open, read the license terms then Click Accept button.
5. Select Upgrade PC now then click Next button.
6. Follow the steps on your screen.

This process will take some time to complete so you need to be very patient in waiting until the process completes. Once done, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Feel free to reach back if you need any further assistance.

Hope this help. Have a good day.

Thank you,
Jerico T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have already tried this as well. It still doesn't work.

Thanks for the help anyways :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My apologies but it seems that I ran out of ideas, maybe someone has a better resolve.

Regards.
Jerico T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please try the fix here:

Windows security stuck on black screen after opening. - Microsoft Community:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-security/windows-security-stuck-on-black-screen-after/347ae039-5439-405d-83e1-fbfabbe23712

If that doesn't help, run the Farbar Scanner and share your logs.

(How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

Note: If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping  in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ramesh, Windows Shell MVP 2003-2012.
If this post resolves your issue, pls mark it as an Answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 25 Applies to: