The Windows 10 photo App hijacked all my photos

Hello,

I bit the bullet and loaded the free WIN10 a few days ago. other than a few drivers that needed updating it went fairly smoothly. ...All EXCEPT for my photos. I had several dozen carefully organized folders totaling about 28GB on WIN7. Now i can see only a couple folders following the modified old way under This PC > Pictures. And of those I can see the thumbnails but cannot open the photos themselves to view. Beyond THAT the rest of my pics were usurped by the Photo App into it's arbitrary and quite random system by date (I apparently took some digital photos of my grandmother seven years before i was born in 1970). How do I get my folders back in their original order? How do I undo this Photo App nonsense? Thank goodness I backed my photos up on an external hard drive before I loaded WIN10 but until I can get control back I don't even want to plug the drive into the PC just in case the the new format hijacks the external drive too, or something goes wrong and my backups go away... This Photo App is a giant deal breaker for me, never mind a possible giant problem in storing and viewing my photos. Help!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 95 Applies to: