The True Key App From Intel Is Dangerous!

I have tested the App from Intel and the App itself forgets to log out of Auto Fill, which can be HAZARDOUS.

All of my personal accounts could possibly be hacked by other users,

if True Key isn't disabled within an amount of time.

Is there any way to disable it? I personally do not use the MacAfee Products on my laptop.

The True Key App was bundled with the Adobe Update.

Moved from Virus & Malware

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did you get this app from official Intel website?

If yes, it is better to contact to Intel support and discuss this issue with them.

If you are not really using the App, you may uninstall it.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Please take note of advertising partners pups, that may install with software (from an official site) you want .... Uncheck the boxes before downloading (adobe flash);  do not follow the advertising partners recommendation to change all your search and browser homepage settings or install other software when updating java.  Both unwanted products (intel key app, & McAfee scanner) can be safely uninstalled in Apps and Features or Programs and Features.

It does not hurt to run the McAfee removal tool after the normal uninstall, if you are not using McAfee Products and want to make sure there is noting hanging about.

https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

(MCPR is 1/2 way down the page)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Got True Key removed.

I had forced IObit Uninstaller to Track, Uninstall and Delete True Key.

True Key is removed from the system with no sweat.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

True Key is a program from a Trusted vendor, it will remove normally with Apps and Features or Programs and Features.  Sorry but I don't find IObit to have a good track record, their advertising partner's programs are not so easy to remove.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't remove True Key from Programs and Features because it's not listed there, which should tell you something.  

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It has been listed there, check under (I)ntel True Key, in Programs and Features.

Generally it comes from users, not unchecking the boxes to install additional programs, when installing Adobe Flash.  Please pay attention to what additional software may be installed, when installing desired plug-ins or software.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What I did was go to uninstall programs. Uninstalled Intel True Key and then restarted the PC, my original password for the Lock Screen still worked. There is a warning that your old login password will not work. I disregarded and the end result was that the password was remembered and logged in with no problem.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What I did was go to uninstall programs. Uninstalled Intel True Key and then restarted the PC, my original password for the Lock Screen still worked. There is a warning that your old login password will not work. I disregarded and the end result was that the password was remembered and logged in with no problem.

I have   started the process of removal. I have followed the appropriate method. when the removal was complete a window invited a system restart. For the  past  hour the blue screen advising "preparing to configure Windows" and the rotating  wheel seems stuck. Not sure what to do to recover a working system.

Mercifully the system returned to normal. Phew. Certainly an App to be avoided. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This True Key product pop on my laptop without me accepting it as an option when I downloaded Adobe Flash. Every time I'm surfing the Web or signing into a Website I normally use True Key opens up. On yesterday before I left for work, I run a Mal ware like I normally do on a monthly basis. I left for work and when I returned home to check my laptop, I went to sign on and True Key is on my login in screen. I went to sign in with my pin and I receive a message that my pin is incorrect. Then my Administration screen as me for a password, I never used a password to sign on, I've always used a pin for the last 3 years. Now I cannot access my laptop. This issue has caused me to miss taken an assessment test for a Federal government job on yesterday. I'm reporting them to the FCC, I'm really stressed by this situation. This has also caused me to miss a deadline submitting my dissertation review, and my journal for review. I'm seeking legal representation for damages.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a more terribly problem with True Key, this can ONLY be solved by Microsoft forcing every company to use a STANDARD INSTALLER which involves a garanteed clean uninstall that's standard to find --- and no installing new products without user consent, awareness, or frequent reinstalls after the user choose to uninstall it once should the user choose to install something at some point.

Any other method fails short of fixing the company-killing problem seen here with constant reinstall loops and intentional unremoveability which even some previously sane companies are doing "since no one sues companies for this sort of behavior".

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/the-final-solution-to-all-bloatware-crapware/9540c35e-d432-4695-a0d7-b311b8268094?tm=1489066556210

I suspect there is one extra dollar made by Intel/Adobe short term per million hours of consumer productivity lost over the hard to uninstall, hard to avoid, collateral damage caused by Adobe Flash installing "True Key" and some other nonsense which locks my computers from MULTIPLE mutually incompatible pairs of software. WELL DONE INTEL!!! WELL DONE ADOBE!!! YOU ARE NOW FUNCTIONALLY UNDISTINCT FROM A MALWARE INTENDED TO KILL PRODUCTIVITY RATHER THAN TO SELL ANYTHING!

And fail to sell it does. Intel is off my "buy" list for LIFE.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 22, 2022 Views 33,699 Applies to: