The system cannot find the file specified. C:\WINDOWS\system32\<LANG_NAME>\mstsc.exe.MUI

Hello!

As the title states;
When I try to open Remote Desktop Connection it states this error message. I've read all other threads about this - that's why I am making my own, since the old threads about this is only in regards to 10+ year old machines.

This is a recently updated Windows 11 machine that is fully up-to-date with Windows 11, which means I cannot update it any further as the older threads states.

|

Hello. Yes it is a incorrect path. You most likely have set incorrect paths in: System Enviroment : Regestry aka regedit.exe. I would reccomend checking your cmd.exe shortcut and fix all shortcuts to point to the correct file. You can see C:\Windows\System32 is correct C:\WINDOWS\system32 is incorrect.

MSI_Katana_17_B13VFK=[i7_13620H,16GB,8GB_GPU,1TB_NVMe]
I am a answers contributor member 😁
🐈 Cattery_Devloper 🐈

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello!

This does not seem to be the problem since I've also checked the path on a functioning system and the path is the same with all caps "WINDOWS". I've tested everything now and I just have to reset the computer and give up.

Thank you for your answers. :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What was the end result here? I've been seeing a trend of Windows systems with missing or broken mstsc lately.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hope this helps others as I have used it a few times this AM with Positive results.

after running another disk clean up, I restarted, ran SFC again did another restart, went to the microsoft store and installed the English language pack from Microsoft restarted again, located the remote desktop app and opened (not using any saved links) selected the server and the user was able to remote in.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

As the title states;
When I try to open Remote Desktop Connection it states this error message. I've read all other threads about this - that's why I am making my own, since the old threads about this is only in regards to 10+ year old machines.

This is a recently updated Windows 11 machine that is fully up-to-date with Windows 11, which means I cannot update it any further as the older threads states.

User log problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Grabbing the language pack from the Microsoft Store solved my issue as well. I had performed by the DISM /online /restorehealth and sfc /scannow without positive results before getting the language pack.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2024 Views 4,805 Applies to: