The "Sticky Keys" Feature

Hi,

I'd like to know if I can make the "Sticky Keys" accessibility feature ignore some keys. For example, I want to turn on the Sticky Keys option, then press Shift and release it, press W and release it, then press E, and have the Shift react to the E I pressed, and not to the W I pressed in between.

I hope that's clear. If not, please respond and I will explain further.

Thank you.

F.M.

Hello F.M.94, I am Brian, an independent advisor and a fellow Microsoft user like you.

I understand the convenience of enabling the Sticky Keys instead of pressing the keyboard shortcuts all the time. Let me help you.

To Turn On or Off Sticky Keys and Adjust Settings in Settings

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.
2. To Turn On Sticky Keys and Adjust Settings

A) Click/tap on Keyboard on the left side, and turn on Press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts under Use Sticky Keys on the right side. (see screenshot below)

B) Check (on- default) or uncheck (off) Allow the shortcut key to start Sticky Keys for what you want.

C) Check (on- default) or uncheck (off) Show the Sticky Keys icon on the taskbar for what you want.

D) Check (on- default) or uncheck (off) Lock the modifier key when pressed twice in a row for what you want.

E) Check (on- default) or uncheck (off) Turn off Sticky Keys when two keys are pressed at the same time for what you want.

F) Check (on- default) or uncheck (off) Play a sound when a modifier key is pressed and released for what you want.

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

To have a better view of the guided instructions with images, you may browse the Windows 10 Forums here, https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/115391-turn...

Hope these helps!

Cheers!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 1,455 Applies to: