The sound card E-MU 1616m does not work with the new update

I'd like to ask you to help us using these sound cards. I tried all the options that were available to me. None has been successful.
I returned to the previous version of Windows 10 1803, and the sound card works properly.

Thank you in advance for help and response.

Best regards

Tomislav

Question Info

Last updated June 3, 2020 Views 3,994 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Ronald,

- Copy all the files in the ZIP folder to C:

- Open windows powershell (admin)

- Copy/paste following text and press enter.

Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM)" | Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false -Verbose

$FilesToReplace = Import-Csv $PSScriptRoot\FilesToReplace.csv

ForEach ($FiletoReplace in $FilesToReplace) {

$SourcePath = $PSScriptRoot + "\" + $FileToReplace.SourceFile

$DestinationPath = $FileToReplace.DestinationPath

Copy-Item -Path $SourcePath -Destination $DestinationPath -Force -Confirm:$false -Verbose

}

Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM)" | Enable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false -Verbose

This worked for me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding function by previous release win 10 before 1903 was 1 or 2 months for fix from Microsoft side, what is this half functionality solution, let the microsoft fix problems in audio engine.

Sorry this didn't help.

E-MU 1212m/1616m - Complete Install Guide for Windows 10 (1903)

This is a complete guide to setting up the E-MU 1212m/1616m audio interface on Windows 10 version 1903x64 and above.

It will work for both PCI and PCI-Express and should work with the E-MU 1820/1820m/0404 audio interfaces too but you may need to rename the 2 instances of your device name in the EMU_Driver_Fix script file.

Huge thank you to ClubHouseKey and Martin, Producer at Sherwood Sound Studios whose information saved us and give us compatibility with Windows 10x64 1903. The E-MU 1616m PCI-Express is the audio interface I have and I will never get rid of it unless there is absolutely no way to keep using it. Amazing piece of hardware! If any new updates are posted in this thread then this first post will be edited accordingly.

E-MU 1212m/1616m - Complete Install Guide for Windows 10 (1903 & Above)
*Please perform each task in the exact order listed.*

1.  Remove all current E-MU Drivers and PatchMix software.

2.  Download the E-MU_Windows_10_Install.zip file from   https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar-KCv7xikVOh23zeXTESuD8k2ih.

3.  Extract the zip file to a folder on your main Windows 10 drive and call it---> "temp". (C:\temp

4.  Install the EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA drivers

5.  RESTART INTO SAFE MODE by holding the shift key when clicking on Restart.

6.  Choose Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Start-up Settings and click Restart. You will later be prompt with safe mode restart option. Select option 4 in Safe mode.

7.  Once in safe mode right-click on the start button and open Windows PowerShell (Admin).

8.  Type into the PowerShell window --> "cd c:/temp/EMU_Driver_Fix"   or you can right click with your mouse to run the script run with help of Windows PowerShell (Admin).     

*Note: On some systems Windows 10 1903 has another security layer even in safemode that forbidd you to run unkown scripts and code. You get then a confrimation message if its okay to run the selected script "EMU_Driver_Fix".  Select "yes" and then the script will finally run for you.  

This a modified version of ClubHouseKey's script. This will replace our windows files with the new updated files.

*Note: Performing this step in a normal Windows environment will either cause the script to not run at all due to script settings within Windows or some files will not get overwritten because they're in use.

9.  Restart Windows as normally and then install the EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00 PatchMix Software.

You should now have successfully installed your E-MU Audio Interface and everything will and should work as normal.

Extra ASIOx64 driver

10.  If you plan to use the ASIO x64bit driver in a x64bit DAWs like Cubase Pro 10, Studio One, Pro Tools, Sonar and other x64 environments.

Click on "Start" and type "regedit" in the search bar and click on "Registry Editor" to run it.

11.  Go to    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 

12.  Right-click "AsioThk32Reg" and choose Modify.

13.  Change "CTASIO.DLL" to "CTASIO64.DLL."

I hope this guide helps everyone that wants to keep their 1212m/1616m running in Windows 10 1903.

Big thanks to ClubHouseKey and Martin, Producer at Sherwood Sound Studio that found this solution for us all.

You can find and follow updates of this driver here!

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=529349

I hope this helped you all to make the installation of the new driver easy and informative for everyone.

Best Regards

Freddie

Windows 1909 – Emu DSP Driver -Change in behavior and will failing launching the DSP E-mu Control panel error message and issue!

Windows 1909 or later -December 2019- 2020

OS 1909 Build:  18363.535

Gooday ladies and gentlemen!

First of all thank you all for your positive and kind responding back of my previously guide try to helping you out with E-mu audio interface and driver on Windows 10. Thank you! =)

Some of you have or have not any issues yet. But lately a new issue has arisen after updating the Windows 10 OS to Windows 1909, OS Build:  18363.535, updates in December 2019/ January 2020 update.

December 10, 2019—KB4530684 (OS Builds 18362.535 and 18363.535)

December 10, 2019-KB4533002 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903

Issue: After relaunching, boot your Windows computer the E-mu DSP software has stop working saying that due to the DSP-chip has inefficient DSP-onboard, DSP-chip error message. Like the same error message or behavior you get as the cable are broken or removed between the PCI-Express card and in my case the E-mu 1616M box.

Temporary Test/Fix: In some cases remove the cable and insert it again while you are running windows can fix the issue temporally but you get soon the same error messages and issue again after re-boot/restart your computer or it will stop working the next day when you boot your PC computer.  

New guide! How to fix the issue permanently!

Note: It might seem confused that you need to do all these same steps over and over again but it has a valid point. It’s because in Windows 10 1909 the new Firewall and the new Security functionality sometime “alter” the strings in registry after booting, re-booting the computer making the E-mu interface and the DSP-control panel and drivers fail. Follow exactly my steps to fix the issue permanently.

Step 1.   

Remove the old drivers and do the whole old complete guide of E-MU 1212m/1616m - Complete Install Guide for Windows 10    (1903 & Above) again. Do the whole guide including “Extra ASIOx64 driver” 10-13 in the end of the guide. After that is done go to Step 2 in this new guide.

Step 2.

1.     Shut down your computer again and re-boot a “cold start”

2.     Sometimes the E-mu DSP and audio interface will fail launch directly after start after reboot. Don’t worry we will fix it.

3.     While you now are up running in Windows 10 after “cold start” with working or not working E-mu audio interface go to step 3.

Step 3.

After you have started your computer again and E-mu driver and DSP Control panel has failing or not failing again. 

1.    Click on "Start" and type "regedit" in the search bar and click on "Registry Editor" to run it.

2.    Go to     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 

As you can see now in "AsioThk32Reg" especially if the E-mu has fail during launching of Windows 10.      Take a closer look in "AsioThk32Reg". As you can might see, windows has now by itself alter the string inside "AsioThk32Reg" to the wrong values “REGSVR32.EXE /S CTASIO.DLL”

3.    Right-click "AsioThk32Reg" and choose Modify and then delete the wrong string and change it so it only says: “CTASIO64.DLL”.

Step 4.

While you are inside in registry editor. Go to following new location.

1.     Go to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASIO\E-MU ASIO

2.     Go to --->  “E-MU ASIO”.     \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASIO\E-MU ASIO

3.     As you can see another error inside the E-MU ASIO.  In (Default) type “REG_SZ” has the wrong DATA-string  “CTASIO”.

4.     Right-click on "(Default) " and choose Modify

5.     Modify and change to only: CTASIO64

Step 5.

1.    Close registry editor and shut down your computer again and re-boot a “cold start”.

After Windows 10 1909 relaunch, your E-mu Audio interface will work again as normal and the E-mu DSP-Control panel will launch and work as excepted after launching windows with new update of Windows 10 1909 -2020.

I hope my new guide will once more help you get sorted of the recently issues you might have. I urge everyone that use Windows 10 1909 x64 and an E-mu audio interfaces that use these “new drivers”, to do at least “Step 2 to 5” of my new guide today even if you don’t experience any issues to avoid problems in the future.

I hope it helps and have a great day!

Best Regards

Freddie

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Freddie, my name is Ronald Meelhuijsen and last week I got the upgrade from Window 10 ver 11803 to 1903.

EMU soundcard 0404 stopped working.

I followed your advice and all worked well till the point of installing the EMU_Driver__Fix, Policy no authorization.

I was not asked for authorizing the installation,also not behind the powershell screen. What should I do in order to get the dialogform

for yes or no authorization and confirm the yes?

Thanks anyway for your advise.

Ronald Meelhuijsen.

Colombia , South America.

Hi Ronald

It doesn’t matter if you not are asked for authorizing, extra security layer for unknown scripts. Then the script supposed to run thru anyway as long you are in windows safe mode. If you aren’t in windows safe mode, the script can’t run thru proper and replace all the files that needs to be replace in order to make the driver work in Windows 10 1903.

If your soundcard and drivers still doesn’t work try my “new guide” and see if that work out for you.

Best regards

Freddie

Sorry this didn't help.

E-MU 1212m/1616m - Complete Install Guide for Windows 10 (1903)

This is a complete guide to setting up the E-MU 1212m/1616m audio interface on Windows 10 version 1903x64 and above.

It will work for both PCI and PCI-Express and should work with the E-MU 1820/1820m/0404 audio interfaces too but you may need to rename the 2 instances of your device name in the EMU_Driver_Fix script file.

Huge thank you to ClubHouseKey and Martin, Producer at Sherwood Sound Studios whose information saved us and give us compatibility with Windows 10x64 1903. The E-MU 1616m PCI-Express is the audio interface I have and I will never get rid of it unless there is absolutely no way to keep using it. Amazing piece of hardware! If any new updates are posted in this thread then this first post will be edited accordingly.

E-MU 1212m/1616m - Complete Install Guide for Windows 10 (1903 & Above)
*Please perform each task in the exact order listed.*

1.  Remove all current E-MU Drivers and PatchMix software.

2.  Download the E-MU_Windows_10_Install.zip file from   https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar-KCv7xikVOh23zeXTESuD8k2ih.

3.  Extract the zip file to a folder on your main Windows 10 drive and call it---> "temp". (C:\temp

4.  Install the EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA drivers

5.  RESTART INTO SAFE MODE by holding the shift key when clicking on Restart.

6.  Choose Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Start-up Settings and click Restart. You will later be prompt with safe mode restart option. Select option 4 in Safe mode.

7.  Once in safe mode right-click on the start button and open Windows PowerShell (Admin).

8.  Type into the PowerShell window --> "cd c:/temp/EMU_Driver_Fix"   or you can right click with your mouse to run the script run with help of Windows PowerShell (Admin).     

*Note: On some systems Windows 10 1903 has another security layer even in safemode that forbidd you to run unkown scripts and code. You get then a confrimation message if its okay to run the selected script "EMU_Driver_Fix".  Select "yes" and then the script will finally run for you.  

This a modified version of ClubHouseKey's script. This will replace our windows files with the new updated files.

*Note: Performing this step in a normal Windows environment will either cause the script to not run at all due to script settings within Windows or some files will not get overwritten because they're in use.

9.  Restart Windows as normally and then install the EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00 PatchMix Software.

You should now have successfully installed your E-MU Audio Interface and everything will and should work as normal.

Extra ASIOx64 driver

10.  If you plan to use the ASIO x64bit driver in a x64bit DAWs like Cubase Pro 10, Studio One, Pro Tools, Sonar and other x64 environments.

Click on "Start" and type "regedit" in the search bar and click on "Registry Editor" to run it.

11.  Go to    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 

12.  Right-click "AsioThk32Reg" and choose Modify.

13.  Change "CTASIO.DLL" to "CTASIO64.DLL."

I hope this guide helps everyone that wants to keep their 1212m/1616m running in Windows 10 1903.

Big thanks to ClubHouseKey and Martin, Producer at Sherwood Sound Studio that found this solution for us all.

You can find and follow updates of this driver here!

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=529349

I hope this helped you all to make the installation of the new driver easy and informative for everyone.

Best Regards

Freddie

Perfection...thank you SO MUCH !!! 1212 working better than it was in Build 1809, which was far more painful a process to accomplish--- JodyMo Digital Audio-Video Productions
Hi I try to rename the folder but cant place the : ? What do you rename it cheers J 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Freddie, Thank you so much for your guide. I have only recently upgraded to Win10 x64 Pro 1909 build from Win7 and I have found your sets of instructions invaluable in getting my E-MU 1616m pci-e card and dock working again. Much appreciated. All appears to be working with asio and wave inputs and asio output. However, I have noticed reduced functionality in the driver(?) after migration to Win10. When I go to control panel, sound, e-mu speaker properties, advanced tab I can no longer select an 88.2khz sampling rate - which is much missed as my favoured setting across many applications. Now I have had to resort to setting 96khz in the advanced tab and in the Patchmix mixer application in order to get sound out from the card across many applications without constantly having to adjust the session in the Patchmix mixer application. Might you be able to advise on how to recover 88.2 sampling rate? Is a further fix required?

Best wishes, Chris

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much for this guide!

My 1212M PCI card was working fine until a recent Win10 update (1909). Following the steps now it's working again.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for posting this! The altered drivers still work on Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.693 - attaching screenshot with the intent to increase credibility of this fix to other users.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You are all very welcome! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

hi this also worked for my E-MU 1820
It should work with that audio card as well.

·

Sorry this didn't help.