The Process of Creating Windows 8 Recovery Drive has Stuck and Canceled

To whom it may concern,

I bought an Asus laptop yesterday, which is embedded with Windows 8. So now I have been creating a recovery drive in Windows 8 using my USB flash drive. The process ran smoothly at first, but it stuck at around 98% for about 7 hours. Then, the process has been canceling itself for about 6 hours now. Is that usual? What should I do now?

Thank you in advanced

Regards

Hi,

Provide the following details.

1) Do you get any error when the recovery process fails?
2) Have you installed any third party security software or antivirus on your computer?

I would suggest you to follow the steps given here to resolve your issue.

Disconnect any externally connected device other than the USB Flash Drive from your computer, follow the steps given here and then try to create the Windows 8 recovery drive.

Method

Step 1: Temporarily disable antivirus software or security software installed on your computer

temporarily.

Warning: Security software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 2: Please follow the steps given below to place the computer in Clean Boot

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts. Follow these steps given in the link below to start the computer in clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue

After performing both the steps mentioned above try to create the Windows 8 recovery drive and check for the issue.

You can refer the link given here.

Create a USB recovery drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

Write to us if you have any issues. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, i have a question. I also bought and asus laptop and followed these steps. Did you have problems with your keyboard backlight afterwords?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 624 Applies to: