The New Microsoft Update didn't work so I followed their instructions on how to resize my recovery partition

Hello, I followed the instructions on resizing my recovery partition and nothing happened where I could download the new update. I checked my Disk Management and it doesn't say recovery partition, nor does it say healthy. I looked into my cmd and it says it's still there even though I deleted it per the instructions. It's still the same exact size as well. Did I mess up my PC? Is my recovery partition okay? I just listened to the instructions they gave me and now I'm kind of upset because everywhere I read online says you should've backed it up and once it's gone, it's gone. But nowhere on that page Microsoft linked to do this say anything about backing up my files. I'm feeling discouraged and worried about my PC now. I did everything on that list and I don't know how to fix this. The link to their instructions: KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support

Hi Alicia, I am a Microsoft user like you, trying to assist you in solving this problem together!
Based on your description, I am not sure about your current status. Let's try to restore the normal condition and see if there are any issues with the current system. The steps are as follows:
1. Windows 10 ISO file overwrite installation
You can try downloading a newer version of the ISO image file from the official website to overwrite the installation. This operation will retain your files and software, only for system repair and update installation
Download Windows 10 at the following link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
Download the ISO image for Windows 10, double-click Mount, run setupexe, and follow the instructions to complete the download.
Choose to keep personal files and apps
This will not affect your current system configuration and data, but if you decide to take the above action, it is recommended to back up important files.
2. Confirm if the recovery environment is normal
On the Windows login screen, hold down the Shift key and select "Power>Restart". After restarting, will you enter the recovery environment normally?
If everything above is normal, don't worry, the Windows system has been restored to normal
If there are any abnormalities, please click "Reply" to provide feedback on relevant information and images片

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 207 Applies to: