the fan in my laptop iss getting very noisy

how hard is it to change a cooling fan in my hp laptop?

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2019 Views 21 Applies to:
Hello, I see that you are looking for a way to change the fan. Since you are using a laptop, it will be really hard to actually find the fan that fits your laptop. The fan itself has to be the exactly same fan that you currently have, and manufactures usually do not sell laptop parts. This means, it is extremely hard to find the replaceable parts. My suggestion for you is to open up the laptop lid, and blowing away the dust that has been covered up inside the fan and throughout the motherboard. Also, there is a program called SpeedFan which allows you to control the fan speed depending on your computer. This program sometimes may not work with selected computers, so I would recommend you installing and seeing if it works.
Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Since this is a hardware issue, I recommend you to take your laptop to nearest computer repair shop and get it checked by the technician. They may find the root cause for this hardware issue and resolve it for you.

Regards.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Fan noise can be caused by dust in fan, or malware or running programs.

- Try clearning dust in fan after removing laptop battery (Kindly Consult Trained professionals if you have doubts in opening laptop for Fan cleaning).

If it is not solved:
Kindly follow the methods mentioned in this website to get rid of noise.

https://aquietrefuge.com/laptop-fan-making-noise/

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Barry,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

In PCs, it's a bit easy but not for laptop. Getting in touch of a local repair shop for that is what we recommend.
Sumit

MVP Profile:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/8b836f17-c1e9-4b5a-98cc-520ecfc08aaa

HP Envy 15 Notebook | Gigabyte GA-970A PC

Sorry this didn't help.

Which HP laptop is it? BING that for its site. There will be instructions or an Owner's Manual there.

My own Dell Inspiron 3542's Owner's Manual calls it a "Heat-Sink Assembly", & it is deeper in the laptop than I'll ever really want to go. Ten items will have to be removed from the Battery to the System Board, inclusive. Finally, the System Board needs to be turned over & "capture screws" removed in "sequential order" to lift the assembly out.

Good luck, & keep us informed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Disclaimer : I have mentioned https://aquietrefuge.com/laptop-fan-making-noise/ for reference.

Sorry this didn't help.