The exception Breakpoint

It pops up:

A Breakpoint has been reached (0x80000003) occurred in the application in the application at location 0x5059b2d0. Click Ok to terminate program.

What do I need to do?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The error that you are getting can be caused due to a third party software conflict or misconfigured registry settings.

So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to boot your system in clean boot the system and check if the issue persists:

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any system files corruption in the system. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

For more information refer to this link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

A friend told me that I should get Malware Bytes. I did and so far I have not had any problems. I hope it stays that way.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 4,199 Applies to: