The cable from USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm jack is not working on ASUS Zenbook Pro on Windows 10

Hello!

I want to listen music from my notebook over usbc-3.5mm cable to 3.5mm headphones. And i've tried to connect two cables (one from Huawei and one from China`s noname) to my ASUS Zenbook Pro on Windows 10 and no one are working.

• No devices in Device Manager, no reaction from notebook, no changes in Realtek HD Audio Manager, nothing. The sound is sounds continuously from notebook audio dynamics.
  • I've tested the cable with my phone. The cable is working.
  • I've tested the notebook USB-C port. The port is working.
  • Windows 10 Enterprise has all updates right now
  • Realtek driver is updated

Please help me:

1. What I can do to use this type of cable on Windows 10? Maybe special drivers? May be Microsoft plan to support this kind of cables?
  2. If I should buy special cable for notebook what is the specification of this cable? How to buy right version of the cable?

Cable example - USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm - https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Adapter-Google-MacBook/dp/B07G7C24MG

Thanks!

Hi,
I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor and Office Insider for Android. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Refer here for USB-C audio and how to buy right version of the cable:
https://www.soundguys.com/usb-audio-explained-1...

Refer this video for how to use this type of cable on Windows 10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6WDNuUaqVA

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Content on the above blog is written by Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for fast response!

1. I've read in the article — "Passive dongles simply work by exploiting USB Audio Accessory Mode to obtain an analog signal" — does it mean that Windows 10 or the notebook are NOT supported passive dongles? Why? And why my smartphone is supporting passive cable very well but notebook with Windows 10 for 1500$ can't do it?

2. I've watched the video and I see that USB device ALREADY installed on the notebook and listed in devices before the author use it. It's not relevant to my case because when I connect the cable to the notebook nothing happened (no devices, no updates, no any reaction).

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

may be there is  a headphone  jack 3.5mm  on your  laptop , find out and  use  normal headphone.

I am using philips  headphone with mic  , which is connected  to haeadphone jack ( black ) on asus  vivobbok 15 r542uq-dm153

I am working as a Mathematics lecturer in a PU college.
Windows11_Pro_64bit_23H2_buildno_22631.3593_MS.office365_C2R_2401_v17231.20236_Intel_i5_13500_Nvidia3060_12GB_GDDR6_RAM_32GB_5600_Storage8TB.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 13,104 Applies to: