The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Hello,

I'm desperate for help. About 2 weeks ago I've been experiencing black screens while playing Lost Ark which uses Easy Anti Cheat. These black screens require me to restart my computer. I've been checking the event viewer for possible causes and one error always shows up:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID 

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user DESKTOP-XXXXX\XXXXX SID (XXXXXXXXXX) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I have tried all possible fixes. I've gone into regedit and added the administrator as a user with full control. I've gone into dcomcnfg and added local services with local activation. I recently reset windows in the hopes of fixing the problem but this single problem persists after the reset. I had to upload the screenshots to a file hosting website because the embed picture inserter doesn't seem to work. The screenshots contain the event viewer, the users for the appid in regedit and the users under dcomcnfg for PerAppRunTimeBroker.

The screenshots can be found under:

If anyone has any information I'd be very thankful

Answer
Answer
Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm an independent consultant and I'm here to help.

Based on the error message you provided, it seems that the problem is related to permission settings for a COM Server application. You mentioned that you have already tried modifying the permission settings in both regedit and dcomcnfg, but the problem persists.

Here are a few additional steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Run Component Services as an administrator:
Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
Type "dcomcnfg" in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
In the Component Services window, right-click on "Component Services" and select "Run as administrator."
In the left-hand pane of the Component Services window, expand "Component Services" and then "Computers."
Right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties."
Click on the "Default Properties" tab and make sure that the "Enable Distributed COM on this computer" checkbox is checked.
Click on the "COM Security" tab and under "Access Permissions," click on "Edit Limits."
Make sure that "ANONYMOUS LOGON" is listed and has "Remote Access" and "Local Access" permissions checked.
Click on "OK" to save the changes and close the window.
Reset the permissions for the COM Server application:
Open the Registry Editor by pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard, typing "regedit" in the Run dialog box, and pressing Enter.
Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
Right-click on the {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} key and select "Permissions."
Click on "Advanced" and then on "Change Permissions."
Make sure that the "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" checkbox is checked.
Click on "OK" to save the changes and close the window.
Run a malware scan:
Install and run a reputable anti-malware software to scan your computer for any malware infections that may be causing the issue.
If none of the above steps work, you may need to seek further assistance from a professional technician or support from the software developer.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 3,263 Applies to: