Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface is no longer working

I have done everything I know of trying to restart my Teredo Tunneling to no avail. I have followed all recommended steps on checking the state and condition only to discover it is disconnected. I recently installed ESET Total Security on my computer and have tried to see if this is blocking it, but have found nothing. Below is a screenshot of my command prompt inquiries.

I'm not sure why the Server Name is win1711 and not win10. Could you please help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2019 Views 160 Applies to:

Hi RondaLewis1,

Teredo Tunneling needs to qualify on an Xbox app before it can start connecting to Xbox Live. If the required network ports are not opened or the Teredo Tunneling Adapter is not updated or installed on your PC, it will probably stop working. To resolve your concerns, we suggest that you perform the following workarounds:

Solution 1. Uninstall and reinstall the Teredo Tunneling Adapter

1. Press Windows + X. Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
  2. Type the following command: netsh interface Teredo set state disable 
  3. Press Enter.
  4. Press Windows + X again and click Device Manager
  5. Select View > Show Hidden Devices
  6. Click the Network Adapters.
  7. Look for the adapters that contain Teredo such as Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface or Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.  
  8. Right-click the adapter name and click Uninstall
  9. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. 

To re-enable the Teredo adapter: 

1. Press Windows + X. Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
  2. Type the following command: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default 

Note: The Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter will reinstall automatically. It is not recommended to install the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface adapter in the Device Manager because it may cause issues with the Teredo functionality. 

Solution 2. Open the network ports using port forwarding.

There are possibilities that your network hardware or firewall might be blocking communication with the Xbox Live servers. Please refer to this Troubleshoot audio in parties and issues with multiplayer games on Windows 10 and follow the steps under Part 1: Set a static IP address, or switch to manual IP settings, Part 2: Open ports on your router or gateway, and Part 3: Set a static Teredo port. 

If you need further assistance regarding on the configuration of your router settings, you may contact your router manufacturer.  

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.