Taskbar keeps disappearing

I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened severaltimes in a row. The Taskbar settings are normal, and I haven't made any serious software changes. What's happening, and (other than keeping TM open) what can I do to fix it?

Answer
Answer
Hello RogerBlair1,

Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you. When was the last time it worked properly?

Please try the following methods below.

**Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402652...
After that, restart your computer
Note: You can open command prompt by doing this,
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager then click File
Select "Run new task" then type: cmd
Make sure to put a check mark on the "Create this task with administrative privileges" box
Continue with the commands within the link above.

**Repair all Windows apps via PowerShell
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager then click File
Select "Run new task" then type: powershell
Make sure to put a check mark on the "Create this task with administrative privileges" box
Copy and paste the command below one at a time then press Enter. Please ignore the red errors and let the process complete.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_. InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2024 Views 222 Applies to: