Taskbar keeps disappearing. Win 10

Previous windows versions of this did not help.  Win 10.  My taskbar keeps disappearing.  It comes back shortly after reboot.  When I hit the Windows key, the large pane on the left with the apps comes up, but no taskbar attached to it.  Mouse to bottom of screen does not work either.  Here's a picture of my screen.  It almost seems as if it's outside the border of the screen.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

The issue could be like when you upgraded to Windows 10, ‘Auto-hide’ task bar option might have got checked. I would suggest you to try the following steps to disable auto hide task bar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.
b. Click on Properties.
c. Put a uncheck mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.
d. Click on Apply and OK.

Also check the option “task bar location on the screen” need to select “bottom”.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you. 

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is the first step in customer service training to always ignore the original question?  If you had bothered to look at the picture I posted, you would have seen that your solution is not even a possible scenario.  THERE IS NO TASKBAR!  

45 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us and I apologize for the delay in responding.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

1. Open the Task manager.  Here’s a tip:  Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
2. Click File > Run New Task
3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
4. Type PowerShell
5. Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:
$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml’; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
6. Close the PowerShell window
7. Reboot

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Rakesh C N

Microsoft Community.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Fixed it for a minute.  But that's only because I rebooted, it's still disappearing.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thanks for the update on the issue.

Try to:

Crete a new User account

To create a new user account, refer to the steps mentioned in the following Microsoft link:

Set up accounts

Let us know the results. Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
Sahil Bali

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can someone on the internet explain to me why this person thinks this is going to help with my problem?  I mean, if he/she had at least made an effort to explain why I need to do this, maybe we'd have some idea, but just out of the blue, create a new account is supposed to fix my taskbar problem?

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have suggested you to create a new user account to test if the issue is due the user account corruptions. If the user account is corrupt, everything should run fine on the new user account and in that case, we can transfer your data and settings to the new user account and delete the corrupt account. You can however delete the new user account if you wish to.

Do let us know if you try this method and the results once you have tried it.

Regards,
Sahil Bali

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im having the same issue, i logged into a newly created account and the same issue persist. And no its not auto hide the task bar because even if it was auto hide when you scroll down to it it should pop up. The only fix is to restart your computer it seems but it still disappears after a while. Its really aggravating.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have narrowed this down to happening when I play Fallout 4.  It has something to do with the game's and my system's resolution.  Glad I didn't waste my time with that user account nonsense.  I really wish support people would stop pulling out the tech manual and reading off the first batch of nonsense they can find to fix a problem.  It rarely ever works.  So my problem is not fixed, but at least I know it will end when I finish my game.  So many things wrong with Windows 10.  I wish I never upgraded. Stupid upgrade even told me my copy of Windows was unregistered for 4 months til I found my original CD case and re-entered my code.  Morons.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just signed up so I could comment.  I'm having exactly the same issue on my MSI GS60, running Windows 10.  I have my task bar set to hide.  It's position is along the bottom edge.  I haven't managed to pin it down to any particular game but randomly the task bar will disappear.  So far I've been rebooting to get it back. 

It just happened again so before I rebooted I went in to taskbar settings and tried moving it around.  If I move it to either the left or right edges it comes back and works fine.  But I cannot see it when set to either top or bottom edge.

Changing the display resolution didn't help, but I do feel like it's a scaling issue.  This is my first personal Windows laptop, I've always had Macs.  Other wise I'm pretty happy with it all, certainly the MSI.  I would like to get to the bottom of this issue though as it's upsetting a simple workflow.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 31,637 Applies to: